#PurseDumpProject – Tara Quan – Guess what my #cat discovered in my purse last Friday!
Since my kitty decided to photo bomb my Purse Dump picture, I figured I’d attempt to describe the contents from his point of view.
Now for the boring version.
- My lunch money pouch, which I bought during a trip to San Francisco many moons ago. It’s made from recycled plastic, and it might just be the hardiest coin purse I’ve ever owned.
- My credit card holder. The wallet itself I bought from Thailand. It contains my ATM card, learner’s permit (I have yet to learn how to drive), and one lone business card (just incase I bump into Nalini Singh on a roman sidewalk one day).
- My Italian ID card—it’s a laminated piece of paper, and it’s a smidge too big to fit into my wallet. I usually have it loose in my purse.
- Eye glass box. (Warby Parker is awesome for cheap online specs).
- Mini-clutch. It usually holds everything under “Chew Toys,” along with my phone. As you can tell, my purse is humongous, so I occasionally have to streamline in a hurry. It’s really easy to do when the essentials are already in a single container.
- Empty lunch box. I always pack a salad and eat it at my desk, perpetuating the stereotype of the “crazy Americana.” Italians take their lunch and coffee breaks very seriously.
- Mint Box. It once actually held “relatively strong mints,” but it is now a container for Eclipse gum and Altoids.
- My specs. If I ever leave them lying about, my cat arrives to chew on them without fail.
- Lip balm. One for the Mini-clutch, and one for my actual purse. I have a weakness for Clinique chubby sticks.
- Wacom Bamboo tablet. My day job involves managing a website and making graphics for it, so I shlep my graphics tablet to and from work. I also find it a lot more comfortable than a mouse. At home, my cat chases the pen around as I use it and attempts to wrestle it out of my clutches.
- One for the outer gate, one for the building, one for my apartment.
- What girl can leave the house without her phone? I listen to podcasts on my walk to work, so the earphones are a must. (By the way, can you guess what my favorite color is?)
- [Not on my cat’s list] Mosquito repellant—I have O+ blood. It makes me a magnet for mosquitoes. Yes, there are mosquitoes in Italy. I didn’t realize how many until I got here.
There you have it, the contents of my purse last Friday. If you’re a fan of comics starring cats, check out the book trailers I made for my A Witch’s Night Out series: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ68qla6xrPE8a69mh9iV3g/videos
(You may recognize the cartoon kitty. I have a tendency to recycle graphics.)
About the Tara Quan
Globetrotter, lover of languages, and romance author, Tara Quan has an addiction for crafting tales with a pinch of spice and a smidgen of kink. Inspired by her travels, Tara enjoys tossing her kick-ass heroines and alpha males into exotic contemporary locales, paranormal worlds, and post-apocalyptic futures. Her characters, armed with magical powers or conventional weapons, are guaranteed a suspenseful and sensual ride, as well as their own happily ever after. Learn more at www.taraquan.com