Want the perfect playlist to accompany the book you’re reading? Well, Music Mondays gives the authors a chance to weigh in on the music that inspired said story!
Today let’s welcome Paula Millhouse to discuss Chalvaren Rising!
Here’s the novel playlist for Chalvaren Rising: https://play.spotify.com/user/pmillhouse.1/playlist/48pM8IoZwVaNjbiVvG5J0A
Music is such an amazing part of the arts. It inspires my creativity and often embodies the perfect emotions for my characters. I often write to movie instrumentals, but these five songs from the novel playlist inspired tons of scenes.
1) Leader of Men by Nickleback because in the beginning of Chalvaren Rising Elf Price Kort Elias questions the notion that he’s the kind of man to lead his kingdom. But, by the end of the story Mia gives him the incentive he needs to be the leader of his men, the dragon riders of Chalvaren.
2) I See Fire by Ed Sheeran because these characters all love their dragons so much. When I first heard this song from the movie The Hobbit, I could not get it out of my head. It fits Chalvaren Rising because the castle with the most dragons wins.
3) Feeling Way Too Damn Good by Nickleback because it fits the angsty magic of the romance between Kort and Mia.
4) Far Away by Nickleback because Kort loves Mia so much his whole world is focused on her being his princess. He loves her, and if he loses her he won’t be able to breathe.
5) A Thousand Years because when I first heard this song I knew there were two lovers in my heart I had to tell a story about. Yes, Bella and Edward from Twilight commanded the song, but Mia and Kort embody the romance and beauty of this timeless tune. Time does stand still for these elves, and every time I hear this song I think of Mia and Kort. They have loved each other for a thousand years. They believed in each other, weathered every storm thrown at them, and in the end they will love each other for a lifetime. Just wait until you read the final scene of the novel.
My next project on the horizon is a romantic suspense where a female FBI agent teams up with a Mafia hit man to take a killer down who has both their names on the top of his list.
Most Excellent Readers can find me here:
Find me on Social Media:
Amazon Author Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B006991RF8
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/paulamillhousefans
You Tube https://youtu.be/q2FCU-gJPog
Tumblr URL: paulamillhouse.tumblr.com
With the love of Kort, Chalvaren’s warrior-prince heir, Mia Ansgar will seize her birthright and become the great dragon-riding wizardess prophesied to free that elven kingdom from her embittered sorceress kin.
TO ASCEND TRIUMPHANT
Twenty-five years ago, Theo Ansgar abandoned the Kingdom of Chalvaren for a hiding place on another world. Some called him traitor. Some, thief. Now his fully grown daughter Mia must return to the land of her birth…and their war.
It was the elf prince Kort Elias who brought her back. Theirs was an instant connection, an inescapable union of body, soul and sorcery, reminding Mia of what she truly is, and what she must become. There is also Magnus, destined to be more potent than any wyrm Chalvaren has ever seen, a three-day-old dragonlet Mia must nurture and then ride. And then there is the Dragonstone, an artifact of power nonpareil. Joined, they can tip the scales of battle against the wraith-possessed forces of darkness, of Mia’s own embittered kin. Redemption will be offered, the protected will become the protector, and an ancient prophecy will come to fruition, but only righteous love can conquer all.
Buy a copy HERE!