It’s kind of a wonderful thing how other’s creativity breeds inspiration, and I love to see how that works so frequently with musicians and writers. So join in for another Music Monday!
Today let’s welcome Landra Graf with her book A Rose By Any Other Name
So what songs inspired this story?
Zombie by the Cranberries
– This song plays to the amount of violence my main characters have to deal with during the zombie epidemic. It’s not pretty nor is it happy.
Till I Hear It From You by the Gin Blossoms
– Whenever I listened to this song it brought to life my hero, Jason. He’s waiting for my heroine to wake up and realize he cares about her, wants more than just friendship, but he’s waiting for her to reciprocate.
La Vie En Rose by Louie Armstrong
– This is Rose’s song. She’s the main antagonist and it’s her theme. So naturally.
Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie
– This is the song that got everything started, all the action in the story is inspired by this one.
I Don’t Want to Wait by Paula Cole
– I still remember this song from Dawson’s Creek (yes, I watched the show). Emmaline is so my Joey and she’s always been in love with essentially the ‘boy next door’. So when sparks finally fly this song helped everything along.
I just finished the second book in my alternate history romance series titled, The Raven Who Caught The Canary. I’ll be moving into some contemporary work for a little bit to wrap up a few projects I’ve never gotten around to completing.
Where can your readers find you? They can check me out at my website: http://landragraf.com or find me on twitter @landragraf. I’m also on facebook, pinterest, and a slew of other social media haunts. It won’t be too hard to locate me.
A Rose By Any Other Name
Zombies don’t belong in fairy tales….at least not those with a good chance of a happily ever after…
Jason Prince, Charming’s once-upon-a-time star jock, only attends his Charming high school reunion to find his way into the heart of a certain wallflower who had no date for the prom.
Shy, geeky, chemical engineer, Emma Fay has been keeping her love for Jason a secret because she knows Jason and Rose belong together. But, when Rose Briar pricks her finger, fulfilling a prophecy about death and a plague, she throws a wrench into the class reunion that not even the best planning committee can tackle.
Can Jason and Emma stop Zombie Beauty Rose before she turns their loved ones into her undead court and sends them forth to spread the infestation to the rest of the world? Or will human flesh become the daily special at diners everywhere? And will there be enough left of Jason and Emma for romance to blossom?
Get it here: